- [noun] a violent weather condition with winds 64-72 knots (11 on the Beaufort scale) and precipitation and thunder and lightening
- [noun] a violent commotion or disturbance; "the storms that had characterized their relationship had died away"; "it was only a tempest in a teapot"
- [noun] a direct and violent assault on a stronghold
- [verb] behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
Synonyms: ramp, rage
- [verb] take by force; "Storm the fort"
- [verb] rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning; "If it storms, we'll need shelter"
- [verb] blow hard; "It was storming all night"
- [verb] attack by storm; attack suddenly