- [noun] an elongated leather strip (or or strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position
- [noun] hanger consisting of a loop of leather suspended from the ceiling of a bus or train; passengers hold onto it
- [noun] a band that goes over the shoulder and supports a garment or bag
- [noun] whip consisting of a strip of leather used in flogging
- [verb] tie with a strap
- [verb] beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
Synonyms: flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, trounce
- [verb] sharpen with a strap; "strap a razor"
- [verb] secure (a sprained joint) with a strap