- [noun] a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
- [noun] a small piece; "a nub of coal"; "a stub of a pencil"
- [noun] a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
- [noun] the part of a check that is retained as a record
Synonyms: check counterfoil
- [noun] the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- [verb] strike against an object; "She stubbed her one's toe in the dark and now it's broken"
Synonyms: scrape, skin, abrade