- [noun] a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy; "the family brought suit against the landlord"
Synonyms: lawcase, cause, causa
- [noun] a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color; "they buried him in his best suit"
Synonyms: of clothes
- [noun] playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack; each set has its own symbol and color; "a flush is five cards in the same suit"; "in bridge you must follow suit"; "what suit is trumps?"
- [noun] a businessman dressed in a business suit; "all the suits care about is the bottom line"
- [noun] a man's courting of a woman; seeking the affections of a woman (usually with the hope of marriage); "its was a brief and intense courtship"
Synonyms: courtship, wooing, courting
- [noun] a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank
- [verb] be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
Synonyms: accommodate, fit
- [verb] be agreeable or acceptable; "This time suits me"
- [verb] accord or comport with; "This kind of behavior does not suit a young woman!"
Synonyms: befit, beseem
- [verb] enhance the appearance of; "Mourning becomes Electra"; "This behavior doesn't suit you!"