- [noun] a quantity of money; "he borrowed a large sum"; "the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
Synonyms: of money, amount, amount of money
- [noun] a quantity obtained by addition
Synonyms: amount, total
- [noun] the final aggregate; "the sum of all our troubles did not equal the misery they suffered"
Synonyms: mation, total
- [noun] the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonyms: kernel, substance, core, center, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, nitty-gritty
- [noun] the whole amount
Synonyms: total, totality, aggregate
- [noun] the basic unit of money in Uzbekistan
- [noun] a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
Synonyms: union, join
- [verb] be a summary of; "The abstract summarizes the main ideas in the paper"
Synonyms: marize, marise, up
- [verb] determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
Synonyms: total, tot, tot up, up, mate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up