- [noun] a typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system; "the sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system"
- [noun] the rays of the sun; "the shingles were weathered by the sun and wind"
Synonyms: light, shine
- [noun] a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc
- [noun] any star around which a planetary system evolves
- [noun] first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
Synonyms: Sunday, Lord's Day, Dominicus, Sun
- [verb] expose one's body to the sun
- [verb] expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun; "insolated paper may turn yellow and crumble"; "These herbs suffer when sunned"
Synonyms: insolate, solarize, solarise