- [noun] one of greater rank or station or quality
Synonyms: higher-up, superordinate
- [noun] the head of a religious community
- [noun] a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
Synonyms: victor, master
- [noun] the largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes
Synonyms: Lake Superior, Superior
- [noun] a town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth
- [noun] a character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
- [adjective] of high or superior quality or performance; "superior wisdom derived from experience"; "superior math students"
- [adjective] of or characteristic of high rank or importance; "a superior officer"
- [adjective] (sometimes followed by `to') not subject to or influenced by; "overcome by a superior opponent"; "trust magnates who felt themselves superior to law"
- [adjective] written or printed above and to one side of another character
- [adjective] having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit; "Mars and Jupiter are the closest in of the superior planets"
- [adjective] having a higher rank; "superior officer"
Synonyms: ranking, higher-ranking
- [adjective] (often followed by `to') above being affected or influenced by; "he is superior to fear"; "an ignited firework proceeds superior to circumstances until its blazing vitality fades"