- [noun] a sudden forceful flow
Synonyms: rush, spate, up
- [noun] a sudden or abrupt strong increase; "stimulated a surge of speculation"; "an upsurge of emotion"; "an upsurge in violent crime"
- [noun] a large sea wave
- [verb] rise and move, as in waves or billows; "The army surged forward"
Synonyms: billow, heave
- [verb] rise rapidly; "the dollar soared against the yes"
Synonyms: soar, soar up, soar upwards, zoom
- [verb] rise or move foward; "surging waves"
- [verb] rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force such as a wave; "the boats surged"
- [verb] see one's performance improve; "He levelled the score and then surged ahead"