- [noun] a detailed critical inspection
- [noun] short descriptive summary (of events)
Synonyms: sketch, resume
- [noun] the act of looking or seeing or observing; "he tried to get a better view of it"; "his survey of the battlefield was limited"
Synonyms: view, sight
- [verb] consider in a comprehensive way; "He appraised the situation carefully before acting"
- [verb] look over in a comprehensively, inspect; "He surveyed his new classmates"
- [verb] keep under surveillance; "The police had been following him for weeks but they could not prove his involvement in the bombing"
Synonyms: surveil, follow
- [verb] hold a review (of troops)
Synonyms: review, go over
- [verb] make a survey of; for statistical purposes
- [verb] plot a map of (land)