- [noun] controlling influence
- [noun] pitching dangerously to one side
Synonyms: rock, careen, tilt
- [verb] move back and forth or sideways; "the ship was rocking"; "the tall building swayed"; "She rocked back and forth on her feet"
Synonyms: rock, shake
- [verb] move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner; "He swung back"
- [verb] win approval or support for; "Carry all before one"; "His speech did not sway the voters"
Synonyms: carry, persuade
- [verb] cause to move back and forth; "rock the cradle"; "rock the baby"; "the wind swayed the trees gently"