- [verb] utter obscenities or profanities; "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
Synonyms: curse, cuss, blaspheme, imprecate
- [verb] to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true; "Before God I swear I am innocent"
Synonyms: affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan
- [verb] promise solemnly; take an oath
- [verb] make a deposition; declare under oath
Synonyms: depose, depone
- [verb] have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
Synonyms: trust, rely, bank