- [noun] the posterior part of the body of a vertebrate especially when elongated and extending beyond the trunk or main part of the body
- [noun] the time of the last part of something; "the fag end of this crisis-ridden century"; "the tail of the storm"
Synonyms: fag end, end
- [noun] any projection that resembles the tail of an animal
- [noun] the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonyms: buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
- [noun] a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements
Synonyms: shadow, shadower
- [noun] (usually plural) the reverse side of a coin that does not bear the representation of a person's head
- [noun] the rear part of an aircraft
Synonyms: assembly, empennage
- [noun] the rear part of a ship
Synonyms: stern, after part, quarter, poop
- [verb] go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
Synonyms: chase, chase after, trail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track
- [verb] remove or shorten the tail of an animal
Synonyms: dock, bob
- [verb] remove the stalk of fruits or berries