- [noun] a message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events; presented in writing or drama or cinema or as a radio or television program; "his narrative was interesting"; "Disney's stories entertain adults as well as children"
Synonyms: narrative, narration, story
- [noun] a trivial lie; "he told a fib about eating his spinach"; "how can I stop my child from telling stories?"
Synonyms: fib, story, tarradiddle, taradiddle
- Search for synonyms for TALE
- Canterbury Tales
- tall tale
- folktale, folk tale
- sob story, sob stuff
- fairytale, fairy tale, fairy story
- nursery rhyme
- fairytale, fairy tale, fairy story, cock-and-bull story, song and dance