- [noun] a swimming kick used while treading water
- [verb] give a thrashing to; beat hard
Synonyms: thresh, lam, flail
- [verb] move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
Synonyms: convulse, thresh, thresh about, about, slash, toss, jactitate
- [verb] dance the slam dance
Synonyms: slam dance, slam, mosh
- [verb] beat so fast that (the heart's) output starts dropping until (it) does not manage to pump out blood at all
- [verb] move data into and out of core rather than performing useful computation; "The system is thrashing again!"
- [verb] beat the seeds out of a grain
- [verb] beat thoroughly in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
Synonyms: bat, clobber, drub, lick