- [noun] the starting point for a new state or experience; "on the threshold of manhood"
- [noun] the smallest detectable sensation
- [noun] the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close; "he stuck his head in the doorway"
Synonyms: doorway, door, room access
- [noun] the sill of a door; a horizontal piece of wood or stone that forms the bottom of a doorway and offer support when passing through a doorway
Synonyms: doorsill, doorstep
- [noun] a region marking a boundary
Synonyms: brink, verge