- [verb] force to leave or move out; "He was expelled from his native country"
Synonyms: expel, kick out
- [verb] throw or cast away; "Put away your worries"
Synonyms: discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
- [verb] put out or expel from a place; "The child was expelled from the classroom"
Synonyms: expel, eject, chuck out, exclude, kick out, turf out, boot out, turn out
- [verb] remove from a position or office; "The chairman was ousted after he misappropriated funds"
Synonyms: oust, drum out, boot out, kick out, expel
- [verb] bring forward for consideration or acceptance; "advance an argument"
- [verb] cease to consider; put out of judicial consideration; "This case is dismissed!"
expatriate, deport, exile
extradite, deliver, deport
banish, relegate, bar
banish, ban, ostracize, ostracise, shun, cast out, blackball
deep-six, give it the deep six
trash, junk, scrap
retire, pension off
sell out, sell up, liquidize
- close out
evict, force out
- show the door
dislodge, displace, bump
depose, force out