- [noun] the thick short innermost digit of the forelimb
- [noun] the part of a glove that provides a covering for the thumb
- [noun] a convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse
Synonyms: ovolo, quarter round
- [verb] travel by getting free rides from motorists
Synonyms: hitchhike, hitch
- [verb] look through a book or other written material; "He thumbed through the report"; "She leafed through the volume"
Synonyms: flick, flip, riffle, leaf, riff
- [verb] feel or handle with the fingers; "finger the binding of the book"