- [noun] a deep prolonged loud noise
Synonyms: boom, roar, roaring
- [noun] a booming or crashing noise caused by air expanding along the path of a bolt of lightning
- [noun] street names for heroin
Synonyms: big H, hell dust, nose drops, smack
- [verb] move fast, noisily, and heavily; "The bus thundered down the road"
- [verb] utter words loudly and forcefully; "`Get out of here,' he roared"
- [verb] be the case that thunder is being heard; "Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
- [verb] to make or produce a loud noise; "The river thundered below"; "The engine roared as the driver pushed the car to full throttle"