- [noun] a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
- [noun] a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
- [noun] a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- [noun] the appropriate or desirable thing; "this car could be just the ticket for a small family"
Synonyms: just the
- [verb] issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty; "I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street"; "Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
- [verb] provide with a ticket for passage or admission; "Ticketed passengers can board now"