- [noun] the extreme end of something; especially something pointed
- [noun] a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)
Synonyms: gratuity, pourboire, baksheesh, bakshish, bakshis, backsheesh
- [noun] an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
Synonyms: lead, steer, confidential information, wind, hint
- [noun] a V shape; "the cannibal's teeth were filed to sharp points"
Synonyms: point, peak
- [noun] the top point of a mountain or hill; "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the summit of Monadnock"
Synonyms: peak, crown, crest, top, summit
- [verb] cause to tilt; "tip the screen upward"
- [verb] mark with a tip; "tip the arrow with the small stone"
- [verb] give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the agreed-on compensation; "Remember to tip the waiter"; "fee the steward"
Synonyms: fee, bung
- [verb] cause to topple or tumble by pushing
Synonyms: topple, tumble
- [verb] to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
Synonyms: lean, tilt, slant, angle
- [verb] walk on one's toes
Synonyms: toe, pytoe
- [verb] strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder"
- [verb] give insider information or advise to; "He tipped off the police about the terrorist plot"
- [verb] remove the tip from; "tip artichokes"