- [noun] slices of bread that have been toasted
- [noun] a celebrity who receives much accalim and attention; "he was the toast of the town"
- [noun] a person in desperate straits; someone doomed; "I'm a goner if this plan doesn't work"; "one mistake and you're toast"
- [noun] a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
- [verb] make brown and crisp by heating; "toast bread"; "crisp potatoes"
- [verb] propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
Synonyms: drink, pledge, salute, wassail