- [noun] lime- or lemon-flavored carbonated water containing quinine
Synonyms: water, quinine water
- [noun] a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring; "in New England they call sodas tonics"
Synonyms: pop, soda, soda pop, soda water
- [noun] (music) the first note of a diatonic scale
- [noun] a medicine that strengthens and invigorates
- [adjective] of or relating to or producing normal tone or tonus in muscles or tissue; "a tonic reflex"; "tonic muscle contraction"
- [adjective] employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words; "Chinese is a tonal language"
- [adjective] used of syllables; "a tonic syllables carries the main stress in a word"
- [adjective] relating to or being the keynote of a major or minor scale; "tonic harmony"
- [adjective] imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air"
Synonyms: bracing, brisk, energizing, energising, fresh, refreshing, refreshful