- [noun] unbearable physical pain
- [noun] extreme mental distress
Synonyms: anguish, torture
- [noun] intense feelings of suffering; acute mental or physical pain; "an agony of doubt"; "the torments of the damned"
Synonyms: agony, torture
- [noun] a feeling of intense annoyance caused by being tormented; "so great was his harassment that he wanted to destroy his tormentors"
- [noun] a severe affliction
- [noun] the act of harassing someone
Synonyms: badgering, worrying, bedevilment
- [verb] torment emotionally or mentally
Synonyms: torture, excruciate, rack
- [verb] treat cruelly; "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
Synonyms: rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
- [verb] subject to torture; "The sinners will be tormented in Hell, according to the Bible"
Synonyms: torture, excruciate