- [noun] the act of flipping a coin
- [noun] (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team; "the pass was fumbled"
Synonyms: pass, flip
- [noun] an abrupt movement; "a toss of his head"
- [verb] throw or toss with a light motion; "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
Synonyms: flip, sky, pitch
- [verb] lightly throw to see which side comes up; "I don't know what to do
- [verb] throw carelessly; "chuck the ball"
- [verb] move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
Synonyms: convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, jactitate
- [verb] throw or cast away; "Put away your worries"
Synonyms: discard, fling, out, away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
- [verb] agitate; "toss the salad"