- [noun] the whole amount
Synonyms: sum, ity, aggregate
- [noun] a quantity obtained by addition
Synonyms: sum, amount
- [verb] add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
Synonyms: number, add up, come, amount
- [verb] determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
Synonyms: tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up
- [adjective] constituting the full quantity or extent; complete; "an entire town devastated by an earthquake"; "gave full attention"; "a total failure"
Synonyms: entire, full
- [adjective] including everything; "the overall cost"; "the total amount owed"
- [adjective] without conditions or limitations; "a total ban"
Synonyms: absolute, unconditioned
- [adjective] complete in extent or degree and in every particular; "a full game"; "a total eclipse"; "a total disaster"