- [noun] the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time
- [noun] buying and selling; especially illicit trade
- [noun] the amount of activity over a communication system during a given period of time; "heavy traffic overloaded the trunk lines"; "traffic on the internet is lightest during the night"
- [noun] social or verbal interchange (usually followed by `with')
- [verb] deal illegally; "traffic drugs"
- [verb] trade or deal a commodity; "They trafficked with us for gold"