- [noun] something written, especially copied from one medium to another, as a typewritten version of dictation
Synonyms: written text
- [noun] (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA; the process whereby a base sequence of messenger RNA is synthesized on a template of complementary DNA
- [noun] a sound or television recording (e.g., from a broadcast to a tape recording)
- [noun] the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
Synonyms: arrangement, arranging
- [noun] the act of making a record (especially an audio record); "she watched the recording from a sound-proof booth"