- [noun] a qualitative change
Synonyms: transmutation, shift
- [noun] (mathematics) a function that changes the position or direction of the axes of a coordinate system
- [noun] a rule describing the conversion of one syntactic structure into another related syntactic structure
- [noun] (genetics) modification of a cell or bacterium by the uptake and incorporation of exogenous DNA
- [noun] the act of changing in form or shape or appearance; "a photograph is a translation of a scene onto a two-dimensional surface"