- [noun] the main stem of a tree; usually covered with bark; the bole is usually the part that is commercially useful for lumber
Synonyms: tree bole
- [noun] luggage consisting of a large strong case used when traveling or for storage
- [noun] the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
Synonyms: torso, body
- [noun] compartment in an automobile that carries luggage or shopping or tools; "he put his golf bag in the trunk"
Synonyms: luggage compartment, automobile
- [noun] a long flexible snout as of an elephant