- [noun] large gallinaceous bird with fan-shaped tail; widely domesticated for food
Synonyms: Meleagris gallopavo
- [noun] a Eurasian republic in Asia Minor and the Balkans; achieved independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1923
Synonyms: Turkey, Republic of Turkey
- [noun] a person who does something thoughtless or annoying; "some joker is blocking the driveway"
- [noun] flesh of large domesticated fowl usually roasted
- [noun] an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
Synonyms: bomb, dud
- [noun] wild turkey of Central America and northern South America
Synonyms: ocellated Agriocharis ocellata