- [noun] an unknown and unexplored region; "they came like angels out the unknown"
Synonyms: region, terra incognita
- [noun] anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
Synonyms: stranger, alien
- [noun] a variable whose values are solutions of an equation
- [adjective] not known; "an unknown amount"; "an unknown island"; "an unknown writer"; "an unknown source"
- [adjective] being or having an unknown or unnamed source; "a poem by an unknown author"; "corporations responsible to nameless owners"; "an unnamed donor"
Synonyms: nameless, unidentified, unnamed
- [adjective] not known to exist; "things obscurely felt surged up from unsuspected depths in her"- Edith Wharton
- [adjective] not famous or acclaimed; "an obscure family"; "unsung heroes of the war"
Synonyms: obscure, unsung
- [adjective] not known before; "used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"