- [verb] articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
Synonyms: express, verbalize, verbalise, give tongue to
- [verb] express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words); "She let out a big heavy sigh"; "He uttered strange sounds that nobody could understand"
Synonyms: emit, let out, let loose
- [verb] express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
Synonyms: talk, speak, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- [verb] put into circulation; "utter counterfeit currency"
- [adjective] without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain"; "utter nonsense"
Synonyms: arrant, complete, consummate, double-dyed, everlasting, gross, perfect, pure, sodding, stark, staring, thoroughgoing
- [adjective] total; "dead silence"; "utter seriousness"
curse, cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate
exclaim, cry, cry out, outcry, call out, shout
vociferate, shout out
- pour out
- get off
state, say, tell
shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- bite out
- break into
spit, spit out
groan, moan, sough
grumble, growl, rumble
howl, wrawl, yammer, yowl
bleat, blate, blat, baa
peep, twirp, cheep, chirp, chirrup
hiss, siss, sizz, sibilate
cluck, click, clack
neigh, nicker, whicker, whinny
vocalize, vocalise, phonate
lip off, shoot one's mouth off
- speak up
- speak in tongues
talk of, talk about
blubber, blubber out
drone, drone on
bumble, stutter, stammer, falter
blurt out, blurt, blunder out, blunder, ejaculate
tone, inflect, modulate
chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble
yack, jaw, yack away, rattle on, yap away
- open up
mumble, mutter, maunder, mussitate
rant, mouth off, jabber, spout, rabbit on, rave
hiss, sizz, siss, sibilate
tone, chant, intone