- [verb] lead a passive existence without using one's body or mind
- [verb] establish vegetation on; "They vegetated the hills behind their house"
- [verb] produce vegetation; "The fields vegetate vigorously"
- [verb] grow like a plant; "This fungus usually vegetates vigorously"
- [verb] grow or spread abnormally; "warts and polyps can vegetate if not removed"
- [verb] propagate asexually; "The bacterial growth vegetated along"
- [verb] engage in passive relaxation; "After a hard day's work, I vegetate in front of the television"
Synonyms: vege out