- [noun] a hole for the escape of gas or air
Synonyms: hole, -hole, blowhole
- [noun] external opening of urinary or genital system of a lower vertebrate
- [noun] a fissure in the earth's crust (or in the surface of some other planet) through which molten lava and gases erupt
- [noun] a slit in a garment (as in the back seam of a jacket)
- [noun] activity that releases or expresses creative energy or emotion; "she had no other outlet for her feelings"; "he gave vent to his anger"
Synonyms: release, outlet
- [verb] give expression or utterance to; "She vented her anger"; "The graduates gave vent to cheers"
Synonyms: ilate, give
- [verb] expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
Synonyms: ilate, air out, air