- [verb] cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
Synonyms: annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, chafe, devil
- [verb] disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress; "I cannot sleep
- [verb] change the arrangement or position of
Synonyms: agitate, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up
- [verb] subject to prolonged examination, discussion, or deliberation; "vex the subject of the death penalty"
- [verb] be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me
Synonyms: perplex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound
get, get under one's skin
eat into, fret, rankle, grate
harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke
eat, eat on
stump, mix up