- [noun] the state of nonexistence
Synonyms: nothingness, nullity
- [noun] an empty area or space; "the huge desert voids"; "the emptiness of outer space"; "without their support he'll be ruling in a vacuum"
Synonyms: vacancy, emptiness, vacuum
- [verb] declare invalid; "The contract was annulled"; "void a plea"
Synonyms: invalidate, annul, quash, anullify
- [verb] clear (a room, house, place) of occupants or empty or clear (a place, receptacle, etc.) of something; "The chemist voided the glass bottle"; "The concert hall was voided of the audience"
- [verb] take away the legal force of or render ineffective; "invalidateas a contract"
Synonyms: invalidate, vitiate
- [verb] excrete or discharge from the body
Synonyms: evacuate, empty
- [adjective] lacking any legal or binding force; "null and void"
- [adjective] containing nothing; "the earth was without form, and void"