- [noun] rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms; "our fusillade from the left flank caught them by surprise"
Synonyms: fusillade, salvo, burst
- [noun] a tennis return made by hitting the ball before it bounces
- [verb] be dispersed in a volley; "gun shots volleyed at the attackers"
- [verb] hit before it touches the ground; "volley the tennis ball"
- [verb] discharge in, or as if in, a volley; "the attackers volleyed gunshots at the civilians"
- [verb] make a volley
- [verb] utter rapidly; "volley a string of curses"