- [noun] the amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object; "the gas expanded to twice its original volume"
- [noun] the property of something that is great in magnitude; "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk"; "he received a mass of correspondence"; "the volume of exports"
Synonyms: bulk, mass
- [noun] physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together; "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- [noun] a publication that is one of a set of several similar publications; "the third volume was missing"; "he asked for the 1989 volume of the Annual Review"
- [noun] a relative amount; "mix one volume of the solution with ten volumes of water"
- [noun] the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction); "the kids played their music at full volume"
Synonyms: loudness, intensity
dollar volume, turnover
- coffee-table book
- order book
paperback book, paper-back book, paperback, softback book, softback, soft-cover book, soft-cover
- picture book
sketchbook, sketch block, sketch pad