- [noun] ligament made of metal and used to fasten things or make cages or fences etc
- [noun] a metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance
- [noun] the finishing line on a racetrack
- [noun] a message transmitted by telegraph
- [verb] provide with electrical circuits; "wire the addition to the house"
- [verb] send cables, wires, or telegrams
Synonyms: cable, telegraph
- [verb] fasten with wire; "The columns were wired to the beams for support"
- [verb] string on a wire; "wire beads"
- [verb] equip for use with electricity; "electrify an appliance"