- [noun] a specific feeling of desire; "he got his wish"; "he was above all wishing and desire"
Synonyms: ing, want
- [noun] an expression of some desire or inclination; "I could tell that it was his wish that the guests leave"; "his crying was an indirect request for attention"
Synonyms: indirect request
- [noun] (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare; "give him my kind regards"; "my best wishes"
Synonyms: regard, compliments
- [noun] the particular preference that you have; "it was his last wish"; "they should respect the wishes of the people"
- [verb] hope for; have a wish; "I wish I could go home now"
- [verb] prefer or wish to do something; "Do you care to try this dish?"; "Would you like to come along to the movies?"
Synonyms: care, like
- [verb] have in mind; "I will take the exam tomorrow"
- [verb] make or express a wish; "I wish that Christmas were over"
- [verb] feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of
- [verb] order politely; express a wish for
- [verb] invoke upon; "wish you a nice evening"; "bid farewell"