Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce 1 md Onion chopped
- 1/4 ts Basil leaves 1/4 ts Salt optional
- 1/8 ts Fresh Ground Pepper 1/4 ts Oregano leaves
- 1 c Ricotta cheese 1/2 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 ts Parsley 3 md Zucchini about 9-in.long
- 1 lg Tomato 2 tb Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Combine tomato sauce onion basil salt pepper & oregano in small mixing bowl; set aside. In medium bowl combine ricotta mozzarella and parsley. Set aside. 2. Peel zucchini and cut off ends. Slice zucchini lengthwise into strips. Arrange strips in 8x8-in. baking dish. Cover with wax paper. 3. Microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes or until fork tender rearranging after half the time. Drain liquid; place zucchini on towels to absorb excess moisure; cool slightly. 4. Layer 4 to 6 of the strips in the bottom of baking dish. Reserve 6 strips for second layer. Spread ricotta mixture over zucchini. Layer with sliced tomatoes. 5. Spread half of tomato sauce mixture over tomatoes; top with zucchini slices. Pour remaining sauce over zucchini and sprinkle with Parmesan. 6. Reduce power to 50% (medium). Microwave uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender and mixture is hot in center. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.