Beef stroganoff...russian style
Yield: 4 servings l
- 4 tb All-purpose flour 1 tb Tomato paste
- 1/2 ts Salt 1 ea 10 oz. can beef broth
- 4 tb Butter or margarine 1 c Sour cream
- 1 ea 3 oz. can sliced mushrooms Hot buttered noodles -drained Coat beef strips with 1 tbsp. flour and salt. Brown beef strips quickly in
- 1 tbsp. butter in a skillet. Add mushrooms onion and garlic; cook until onion is crisp-tender
- 3 to 4 min. Remove meat and mushrooms from pan.
Add 2 tbsp. butter to pan drippings; blend in 3 tbsp. flour. Add tomato paste. Stir in broth. Stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Return meat and mushrooms to skillet. Stir in sour cream; cook slowly until heated through. Do not boil. Serve over hot buttered noodles. Makes 4-5 servings.