Marti's apple crisp
Yield: 6 sweet ones
- 4 Apples; cored peeled sliced 1/2 ts Allspice;
- 1/4 c Water; 3 tb Diet margarine;
- 1/2 ts Fresh lemon juice; 1/2 c Parmesan cheese; grated Non-nutritive sweetener = -(not sure about this: in -To 2/3 cup sugar -the book it read as this
- 1/4 c Flour; 1/2 Parmesan cheese; grated
- 1/2 ts Cinnamon; -(you may have to wing it)!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a shallow baking dish and place apple slices on bottom. Combine water lemon juice and sweetener and pour over apples. Combine dry ingredients; cut in margarine until it is the consistency of large peas. Sprinkle over apples. If desired cover with grated cheese. Food Exchange per serving: 1 FAT EXCHANGE + 1 FRUIT EXCHANGE + 1/2 BREAD EXCHANGE + 1/2 MEAT EXCHANGE; CAL: 155; Source: Recipes for Diabetic by Billie Little Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master.