Yield: 6 sweet ones
- 3 md Cooking apples;peeled sliced Sugar substitute to equal Vegetable cooking spray; -1/3 cup sugar
- 1 c All-purpose flour; 1/2 ts Vanilla extract;
- 1 ts Baking powder; 1 Egg;
- 1/4 ts Salt; 1/2 c Skim milk;
- 1/2 c Reduced-cal margarine;
Arrange apple slices in button of an 8" square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside. Combine flour baking powder and salt stirring until blended. Set aside. Combine margarine sugar substitute rind and vanilla in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Add egg; beat until fluffy. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 6 squares and serve hot. Food Exchange per serving: 1 1/2 STARCH EXCHANGE + 1 FAT EXCHANGE; CAL: 157; CAR: 24: PRO: 4gm; FAT: 5gm; SOD: 330mg; Source: The ALL NEW Cookbook For Diabetics and Their Families by WHOM Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master.