- [noun] one of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes; "he collected cards and traded them with the other boys"
- [noun] a card certifying the identity of the bearer; "he had to show his card to get in"
- [noun] a rectangular piece of stiff paper used to send messages (may have printed greetings or pictures); "they sent us a card from Miami"
- [noun] thin cardboard, usually rectangular
- [noun] a witty amusing person who makes jokes
Synonyms: wag, wit
- [noun] a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
Synonyms: poster, posting, planotice, bill
- [noun] a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited
Synonyms: calling visiting
- [noun] (golf) a record of scores (as in golf); "you have to turn in your card to get a handicap"
- [noun] a list of dishes available at a restaurant; "the menu was in French"
Synonyms: menu, bill of fare, carte du jour, carte
- [noun] (baseball) a list of batters in the order in which they will bat; "the managers presented their cards to the umpire at home plate"
Synonyms: batting order, lineup
- [noun] a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
Synonyms: circuit board, circuit board
- [verb] separate the fibers of; "tease wool"
- [verb] ask someone for identification to determine whether he or she is old enough to consume liquor; "I was carded when I tried to buy a beer!"
- playing card
punched card, punch card, Hollerith card
tarot card, tarot
- trading card
- business card
- donor card
- membership card
library card, borrower's card
- ration card
- get-well card
- greeting card
postcard, post card, postal card, mailing-card
- sympathy card
show bill, show card, theatrical poster
flash card, flashcard
- a la carte
- prix fixe
- table d'hote
CPU board, mother board
- PC board