- [noun] a document incorporating an institution and specifying its rights; includes the articles of incorporation and the certificate of incorporation
- [noun] a contract to hire or lease transportation
- [verb] hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
Synonyms: rent, hire, lease
- [verb] grant a charter to
- [verb] engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
Synonyms: lease, rent, hire, engage, take