- [noun] a group of people living in a particular local area; "the team is drawn from all parts of the community"
- [noun] a group of people having ethnic or cultural or religious characteristics in common; "the Christian community of the apostolic age"; "he was well known throughout the Catholic community"
- [noun] common ownership; "they shared a community of possessions"
- [noun] a group of nations having common interests; "they hoped to join the NATO community"
- [noun] the body of people in a learned occupation; "the news spread rapidly through the medical community"
- [noun] agreement as to goals; "the preachers and the bootleggers found they had a community of interests"
Synonyms: of interests
- [noun] a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences
Synonyms: residential district, residential area
- [noun] (ecology) a group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other
- speech community
village, small town, settlement
Ummah, Umma, Muslim Ummah, Islamic Ummah, Islam Nation
legal profession, bar, legal community
- health profession
businessmen, business community
- community of scholars
- economics profession
suburb, suburbia, suburban area
- tenement district
warren, rabbit warren
Greenwich Village, Village