- [noun] addition of extra material or illustration or clarifying detail; "a few remarks added in amplification and defense"; "an elaboration of the idea followed"
- [noun] the result of improving something; "he described a refinement of this technique"
- [noun] a discussion that provides additional information
Synonyms: expansion, enlargement
- [noun] marked by elaborately complex detail
Synonyms: elaborateness, intricacy, involution
- [noun] developing in intricate and painstaking detail
Synonyms: working out