- [noun] the act of moving back and forth
Synonyms: waver, flicker
- [noun] abnormally rapid beating of the auricles of the heart (especially in a regular rhythm); can result in heart block
- [noun] a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused"
Synonyms: disturbance, disruption, commotion, stir, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle
- [noun] the motion made by flapping up and down
Synonyms: flap, flapping, ing
- [verb] move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart
Synonyms: flit, fleet, dart
- [verb] move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
Synonyms: flicker, waver, flitter, quiver
- [verb] beat rapidly; "His heart palpitated"
- [verb] wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids"