- [noun] (sports) dropping the ball
- [verb] feel about uncertainly or blindly; "She groped for her glasses in the darkness of the bedroom"
- [verb] make one's way clumsily or blindly; "He fumbled towards the door"
- [verb] handle clumsily
- [verb] make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
Synonyms: botch, bumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up
- [verb] drop or juggle or fail to play cleanly a grounder; "fumble a grounder"